I am loving about this summer:
Oy. Still catching up here.
1) Juniper wanting to wear a swimsuit first thing in the morning.
2) The fact that I can open a zip-lock bag makes me a magician.
3) June bugs hungry for new books (thankfully, we'll soon be moving to a town with a library!).
4) The simple satisfaction of diapers on the line.
5) Juniper's hillbilly stomp.
6) Swimming lessons with my little crocodile.
7) June bug's favorite sing-song chant: One, two, buckle my shoe. Except it comes out as: One, two, bump-a-shoe, and she'll sing it half-asleep in the middle of the night.
8) Words, words, words!! Juniper now finishes the sentences from her favorite books and songs. (The Sleepy Little Mouse, I'm A Big Sister and John Denver's "Country Roads".)
9) J bug's obsession with her new monkey, which is actually a child harness I used last Wednesday at the airport.
11) Finger painting.
12) That everyone gets a diaper.
13) The fact that our last-minute, why-the-hell-not veggie garden is doing pretty well.
14) Summer vegetables. (No. We didn't grow this one. The corn, I mean. Somehow, we did grow those crystal blue eyes.)
15) The tiny kicking babe in my belly.
16) French Toast.