Wednesday, February 3, 2010

one last rewind

One last rewind here.  (Will Juniper's generation even know what "rewind" means? Crazy.  Is there an instruction manual for raising children in the Digital Age?  Will someone write that, please?)

Aside from eating hot food (...and a few other things), there isn't much we've given up since welcoming j bug into our lives.  Mostly, it's just a matter of figuring out how do we do this now?  Lucky for me, I have sister-in-law with an extra 8 months of mamahood under her belt.  And so, two weeks ago, I was able to accomplish what all new, red-blooded American mothers strive for in these early months: I went ice-fishing.


That would be Juniper all cozied up in the stroller.  The green puffy child would be her elder cousin in his mother's arms.  

:: Juniper slept the entire time...except the one time I had a bite on my line; she woke up crying.  I missed the fish, caught the baby.   


:: J bug's cousin got to be spun around on the slick ice.  Too bad we don't remember anything at that age; looks like a fun memory.


:: The babies were mellow all afternoon.  It would have been a great day to catch a ton of fish but alas, we were skunked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you? I want to hear it!